Monday, October 22, 2012

Finally a taste of pumpkin

I have been waiting patiently to start baking some pumpkin treats until the weather cools down, and well I finally had my first taste of pumpkin! Last weekend the kids and I made the Trader Joe's Pumpkin bread, so easy and so yummy. ( I love that they have their bright yellow Tilly's t-shirts on :) After drooling over so many recipes on Pinterest I came across a recipe for Pumpkin croissants and I finally made them tonight. Let me tell you, it was pure pumpkin heaven and the best part is that I get to enjoy them for breakfast also. So this is my start to pumpkin everything for the next month until I am so over pumpkin and I will move onto peppermint and hot cocoa for Christmas!



Mini Pumpkin Croissants

2 Pillsbury Crescent rolls
1 cup Pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
1/2 block of cream cheese (4 oz)
4 T sugar
1 T pumpkin pie spice

Beat together the pumpkin, cream cheese, sugar and spice until soft and fluffy
Roll out the crescent rolls and cut them into small small triangles
Spread the mixture on the dough - I used a pretty good amount for each one
Roll up the dough into a croissant (yes it will be messy)

In a separate bowl, combine 4 T sugar and 1 T pumpkin pie spice (or as much to your liking)
Once the croissants are rolled up, roll them in the sugar mixture and place on baking sheet
Bake on 375 degrees for 13-16 minutes

Heaven!

Until next time...
{Lynnae}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...