Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Recipes


I absolutely LOVE Trader Joe's, I am there at least 2 times a week, I love that store (not to mention it holds a special place in my heart since that is where I met my hubby 14 years ago). This weekend I found a few great recipes that I tried this week that has all ingredients from Trader Joe's and I just thought I would share.

Pinned Image
Marsala and Mango Ginger Meatballs

1 package TJ's Party Size Mini Meatballs ( I used veggie meatballs)
1 jar TJ's Marsala Simmer Sauce
1 jar TJ's Mango & Ginger Chutney
Preheat oven to 350°. Place meatballs in a baking dish (appx. 9" x 9") and cover with masala sauce. Place in oven and let cook for about 20-30 minutes, or until meatballs are heated through and sauce is hot. Serve warm alongside a dipping bowl of Mango & Ginger Chutney

I served it over rice with some veggies. Even my son who isn't one for too much "flavor" LOVED these! These would also be great as an appetizer.

Soy Chorizo Vegetarian Chili

  • 1 pkg Soy Chorizo
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 2 cans beans of your choice (pinto, black, kidney), drained
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 tsp sugar

 

1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.

This was SO good! And don't be afraid of the Soy Chorizo, it really is good stuff (much better than the real stuff)!

If you are looking for more recipes from Trader Joes you can check out their own site here or go to this great site Cooking with Trader Joe's for more great recipes.

Happy Cooking!
Until next time...
{Lynnae}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...