Monday, April 2, 2012

The Groves Antique Market at the OC Park

This past weekend I went to the Antique Market at the OC Great Park and let me tell you I was actually impressed. I kind of felt like I was on American Pickers or Pawn Stars, there was SO many random, eccentric, neat, old vintage things to look at. I was with my two sweet kiddos who asked about a million questions on what things were! I spent about a little less than 2 hours there and didn't really feel like I was able to look at everything, not to mention I was way to worried about my kids touching everything! Next time I will definetly go kidless and with a few girlfriends (not sure if the hubby would appreciate it as much as I do, but maybe). The vintage jewelry was great, I want to buy a few pieces next time I go. It is only open the first Sunday of every month from 7am-2pm, free parking and admission, I suggest getting there early, as it was already packed and I was there at 8 am. I found some old books for the kids and myself, a "London" spoon for my mother in love, and I bought my dad an old croquet set for his birthday. There were so many other things I would have loved to purchase, but like I said I was with two little impatient kiddos! I snapped a few photos of some things that caught my eye.

Love the old kid chairs, Taelor loved the pink chandelier, I think the old cash register and the old blue camera would look great as decorations around the house and I would LOVE an old type writer (the kids were so intrigued at what this was!)

I would love to buy some old vintage, metal trucks for Ethan's room, loved the old rocking horse, I really want an old suitcase especially in that blue color, an old Betty Crocker cook book (you know those have the best recipes your grandma made), and the croquet set I bought my Dad!
Can't wait to go again in May! Who wants to join me?!? I think I might be on the look out for more Antique markets..... I know my mom and dad are cringing right now for all those times I said I was bored in "those" stores when I was a kid! Now I know how they felt when my two were bored after an hour! Oh well one day they will appreciate it too!

Until next time...
Lynnae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...