Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dear Daughter (or Son) Diary


I just read this post from How Does She blog about starting a "Dear Daughter Diary" (you can also do one for your son, niece nephew, grandchildren too). I think this is such a great meaningful idea. It's a diary that you and your child share and write in to each other and leave it on each other's pillows after you write in it. How great would this be as a way to let them write their thoughts down and a way to express themselves through words and a way for you as a mom to see into their lives things they might not have shared with you. In her diary she asks them open ended questions and you and them can write about anything you want. Taelor is almost 5 and soon will be able to learn to read and write and I this is one thing that I will definitely start when she does.

I loved her quote at the end of her post "There is NO WAY to be a perfect mother, but there are MILLIONS of ways to be a GREAT one!” I must remember this everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...