Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Guest blogger...Ed Huse "Guestroom on a budget"

Today's guest blogger is our sweet friend Ed Huse and his guestroom makeover on a budget...

Ed's "inspiration room"

Ed's version...So perfect!!

Guestroom on a budget.

While trying to re-decorate my guest bedroom, I happened to catch an episode of an old T.V. show called the Designer Guys.On this particular episode, they were remodeling a master bedroom for two newlyweds.  I loved the design because of its elegant yet comfortable feel, so I decided to reproduce it for my guestroom. Obviously since the “inspiration room” was designed by professional designers, the cost was probably more than I wanted to spend.

So for around $350 dollars here is my version of the room. The headboard was made using MDF board, 2x6 for the borders, 4 squares made from MDF (which can be purchased at Home Depot), some foam and batting. I got the bed sheets and Duvet from Ikea as well as the fabric (2 twin sized sheets) I used for the headboard. Because my guestroom was smaller than the inspiration room, I decided not to do the shelves on either side of the headboard like the inspiration room. In my version I bought 2 folding t.v. dinner tables to use as bedside tables costing me $19.99 for the pair.  Add in the lamps, some books, flowers and two pictures and Voila!

Thanks Ed for sharing with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...