Saturday, November 12, 2011

Birthday Treats...



Oatmeal Pancakes from Biggest Loser Recipes

Strawberry and Blueberry Mini Tarts

Yummy!!!
Happy Birthday my love!

Last weekend was the hubby's birthday and of course I had to make sure he had a wonderful day! We made him a birthday banner which he loved. I made breakfast from a recipe I found on Pinterest of course, Oatmeal Pancakes (they were so delicious and healthy too!) As for dessert he wasn't up for a cake (which I was thrilled about because I personally am NOT a cake lover) so he wanted a fruit tart (which happens to be my personal favorite). Even though my hubby doesn't like making a big deal about birthdays, it was a perfect day for him. If it was up to me I would have thrown him a surprise party, but him and I are very different and so I always make his day special for whatever he wants to do, as it should be!

Oatmeal Pancake Recipe (from Biggest Loser)
Ingredients:

6 egg whites
1 cup rolled oats, dry
1 cup cottage cheese
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:

In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when they start to bubble. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batches, spraying the griddle as needed. Makes about 10 pancakes

Number of Servings: 3

Nutritional Info Per Serving:
181 Calories, 2.7g Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 361mg Sodium, 20g Carbs, 2.8g Fiber


Mini Jam Tarts (Paula Deen recipe)

Filling:
1 (8oz package cream cheese, softened)
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

**Mini Tarts- I bought the pre-made tarts from the store (I know I should have made them, will do next time)

For the filling and topping: Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the crust. Cut the strawberries  and blueberries and arrange on top of filling.
Till next time....
Lynnae



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...