Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holiday Memories

As the weather gets colder in lovely CA its feeling a little more like the holiday season..and I say holiday because its begins with thanksgiving ( my favorite ) and doesn't end until the New Year!!
This weeked while doing our thanksgiving grocery shopping. I came across chestnuts....my most favorite memory from the holidays. Every year begining with thanksgiving we had them in our house growing up and my dad would roast them in the over on 350 for about 15/20 mins. Then he and I would sit at the kitchen table and peel them eating while we worked ( they are the best warm). They are a aquired taste I tired to get hubby to peel and eat with me but is his words " they taste like dirt"
cut small cross at the tip before baking for easy peeling

allow to cool slightly before peeling away outter shell to reveal golden center

enjoy!

<3 rosette





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...