Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

My little helpers peeling potatoes

Turkey.....they said it was delicious

My favorite dessert...English Trifle

Homemade pumpkin pie

Place cards made by my kids from last year

Taelor's centerpiece....Apple turkey
Thanksgiving has come and gone WOW!! This year I had the honor of hosting the Williams family at our house (of course with the help of my Mother- in-love....OK she did most of the cooking). Our fun started on Wednesday night baking pies and preparing the turkey. Well let me tell you, I don't think I will ever be able to prepare a turkey. Being a vegetarian and preparing turkey and all the yucky things that come along with that did not sit well with me. So needless to say I know how to do it but doing it is a different story, hubby will have to take that reign from now on! I think I will just stick to baking and all the other side dishes. The morning of started off with french toast and coffee, then it was straight to cooking. I even had my kiddos peeling potatoes and brussel sprouts while the hubby sat and watched hours of football! After a long day of cooking, baking, cleaning, cooking and cleaning some more (I don't think my dishes have ever been washed that many times in a day), we sat at the table 10 minutes ahead of schedule, both Sandie and I exhausted looking forward to that much deserved glass of wine. Dinner was perfect, they all said the turkey was delicious ( I will take their words for that), but most of all I enjoyed the dessert and the great conversation. By the end of the night we were all exhausted and full but most of all Thankful!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Thanksgiving.....the next morning was BLACK FRIDAY (and yes I was up shopping in the wee hours of the morning!)

Till next time...
Lynnae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...