Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...




A family tradition of ours is the Fashion Island Christmas tree. I love this tradition, it is always a fun night of ohhing and awwing over the tree, then a visit with Santa, dinner and Starbucks of course. I love this night, I look forward to it every year, seeing the joy and excitement on my kids faces and the meekness when they sit on Santa's lap, just makes you see a little bit of magic in their eyes!



I was wondering what he was doing under the tree....

And this is what I found....ornaments hanging underneath....I kept them there...it made me smile!

As for our home, fall stuff is down and Christmas decorations have come out. Our tree is up and the coziness of Christmas is around. I LOVE this time of year, I especially love seeing Christmas through my kids eyes. Growing up, Christmas was so magical and I want my kids to experience a whole month of it! I try and make it very special, each year I buy them and us an ornament, something that reminds me of them for that particular year. It will be fun years from now to look back at all the different stages in their lives. In years from now when they are married, I plan on boxing them all up and giving it to them on their "first" Christmas ( I know I am such a sappy mom like that I can't help it). Tonight we decorated the tree and since I had kids I gave up on the "perfect" tree with all the ornaments in the right place. I do move some but I try to keep them where they put them it makes the tree look "perfectly imperfect".....but Ethan made me smile when I saw him under the tree a few times and I realized he had hung them underneath, such an Ethan thing to do. Being the nice mom I kept them there :)

December I will be doing my December Daily project which I am so excited to share with you our daily activities, so check back for some fun ideas to do during the month of December as we are counting down the days till Christmas! What are some fun things you do for the holidays??

Till next time...
Lynnae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...