Monday, November 21, 2011

Counting the days till Thanksgiving





At the start of November my kiddos kept asking "is Thanksgiving tomorrow?" so I decided to do a Thanksgiving count down flip book. It originally didn't start as a flip book, I was going to make it be a banner that we add to each day, but I didn't realize how long it was going to be and I would have no where to put a long banner. So after the help of my kiddos I let them glue leaves on card stock and numbered each page, punched two holes on the top, cut a strip of cardboard and folded it in half (this isn't so pretty but again I was not planning on making a flip book, next time I will make it a little nicer :) put two metal rings and a "Today I am thankful for..." paper on the back of each day. Easy, and I think this is a great idea for any holiday or anything you want to have a "countdown" for.

My favorite part is the day I took these pictures, Ethan was thankful for bananas... cause what would the world be like if there were no bananas or milk (which he was thankful for a few days later) or better yet "toys" as Taelor was thankful for.

I hope you have all had a fun month of being Thankful. Now only 3 more days and they can stop asking when Thanksgiving is!! Except next will be Christmas....

Till next time...
Lynnae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...