Sunday, November 27, 2011

Elf on the Shelf

OK so I think we will be adopting an Elf this year! I had no clue about this Elf on the Shelf  thing until I started seeing a few ideas pop up on Pinterest and it caught my attention. Then after this weekend when "An Elf's Story" (an animated Christmas special) was on, I was sold and tomorrow I will be out getting the Elf on the Shelf for my kids! They loved the little 30 minute special, they have watched it over and over again. If you have never heard of this, well, in a nutshell, you "adopt" an elf from the North Pole, you name the Elf so he gets his magic, he watches over your house "observing" and reports back to the North Pole to Santa every night. Each morning he is in a different hiding place so the kids can find him. He is not allowed to be touched as he will "loose" his magic (what a great idea so that the kids will not "love" on him too much) and on Christmas he goes back with Santa till the next Christmas! Sounds like a fun tradition that we will have to start this year! I will keep you posted on how it goes....my only problem would be remembering to move him each night!!!

If you want to know more about Elf on the Shelf go here.

Till next time...
Lynnae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...