Sunday, January 29, 2012

Recipes Tried & "To Make"

I have this huge problem, I am SO addicted to Pinterest, not only do I like that I can find every DIY project on just about anything, look at great photography ideas, find decorating tips for every room in the house, find some activities that will entertain my kiddos but I DO love that I can find some great recipes to try. We all get stuck in our own "dinner ruts" of the same meals but I have vowed to myself that I will try to make a new meal, side dish, breakfast or dessert once a week. So I figured I would share them with you and of course some future ones I would like to make as well.

Lemon Garlic Spaghetti (pic and recipe via I Nom Things)
I love this simple pasta dish, I used linguine instead of spaghetti and I added broccoli and next time I will add sun dried tomatoes, so yummy and easy!
 4 oz dry spaghetti
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 lemon
2 tbsp pine nuts (** note these are so expensive you can omit, it will still taste just as good)
5-6 basil leaves

Roasted Parmesan Green Beans (pic and recipe via Skinny Taste)


  • 12 oz green beans, trimmed (make sure they are dry)
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • kosher salt + fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp shredded Parmesan
  • Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum for easy clean-up.
    Lay green beans out on the baking sheet and drizzle oil over them. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and toss to evenly coat
    (My kiddos LOVED the green beans, they asked the next day if I could make them again)

    Homemade Baked Taco Shells (via Eating Well)
    Yes I know you can easily buy taco shells already made, but they are from a box and I grew up with eating the greasy, fried taco shells. But I am a bit on the healthy side and I don't like frying foods, so I tried this and YES it works! I used my "cooling racks" and placed them in the oven but I made the mistake of putting them only over one bar, so do not do this, lay them over 2 bars or else you will get very tiny taco shells that do not open!

    Directions: Working with 6 tortillas at a time, wrap in a barely damp cloth or paper towel and microwave on High until steamed, about 30 seconds. Lay the tortillas on a clean work surface and coat both sides with cooking spray. Then carefully drape each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack. Bake at 375°F until crispy, 7 to 10 minutes. ( I had mine in there for a little longer)

    Baked Blueberry Oatmeal from Lottie + Doof
    This looks so yummy and is on my "to bake" list! I love the blueberry oat bars from Starbucks, I am hoping it will taste like that....or maybe my sweet friend Vanessa will share her own recipe with us sometime :)

    Whole Wheat  Brown Sugar Banana Bread Pancakes from How Sweet It Is
     Seriously these looks DELICIOUS!! Next weekend this will be my Sunday morning breakfast!! I will keep you posted on how yummy it is!

    Rice Pudding from How Does She
    I LOVE rice pudding, I don't know if it's because it reminds me of  my childhood, but something about it I just love and my sweet little girl shares the same love for it also. But funny I have yet to find a recipe I love or that has turned out good, so I hope this one doesn't disappoint, I mean how can it, it looks SO good!

    So there you have it, my list of things I tried and my "to make list".  I will keep you posted on more "yummy" finds! If you have any great recipes you would like to share, we would love to hear them.

    Until next time...
    Lynnae

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...